An ambient music artist who has been recording since 2000, Chris Russell finds inspiration from both the simplicity of nature and the vast infinity of the universe. Using the studio as his instrument, he plays software and hardware synthesizers, bass guitar, and various indigenous instruments to produce textures and abstract paintings of sound. In addition to his solo work, Chris has also contributed multiple tracks to compilation albums of electronic music.
He is also a photographer, and each one of his works contains a original cover, allowing him to visually “sign” his work and give the listener a preview of his state of mind going into the album.
Relaxed Machinery Releases
- Chris Russell – Bloom [rM_0027]
- Chris Russell – Frozen [rM_0003]
- Chris Russell – Home [rM_0013]
- Chris Russell and Disturbed Earth – The Approaching Armada [rM_0008]
- Chris Russell – Portal [rM_0037]
- Relaxed Machinery Artists – sleepMODE [rM_0009]
- Relaxed Machinery Artists – Butterfly Effects [rM_0034]
- Relaxed Machinery Artists – reBOOT [rM_0040]